St. Bernard Preparatory School
- Catholic, operated by the Benedictine Monks of St. Bernard Abbey since 1891
- Co-ed College Preparatory
- Dormitory Life
- 900 acre campus
- 50 miles north of Birmingham, the largest city in Alabama
- 50 miles south of Huntsville, home of NASA, the Marshall Space Flight Center
- 3 hours automobile drive from Atlanta: 140 miles south of Nashville
- Travel opportunities to Atlanta, Georgia; Nashville, Tennessee, and New Orleans, Louisiana.
Why Summer ESL (English as a Second Language) at St. Bernard?
- Quality English instruction: 4 weeks, or 3 weeks and Space Academy
- Experienced ESL teachers
- Focus on imporving English skills in speaking, listening, writing, reading and analysis
- American culture is a focus of the language process.
- Diagnostic testing and placement in appropriate skill level
- Multiple levels of study in English skill development
- Small class size to ensure success in increasing English proficiency
- Experience American culture: visit Atlanta and CNN, Coca-Cola; also "Music City USA" in Nashville, New Orleans, etc.
SPACE CAMP- world Renowned U.S. Space Academy!
- Option: 4th week at the renown U.S. Space Academy
- Imersion in the science and technology of the space program
- Explore the space industry in three core areas: Space History, Astronaut Training and Simulated missions. Students choose one of three tracks: Space Track, Robotics Track or Aviation Track.
- Benefit of constant interaction with other students, native speakers of English
Travel and Transportation
Student may fly to Birmingham or Huntsville, AL, USA. Transportation provided.
Download application or contact the Admissions Department at 256-255-5890 (USA) or email@example.com
Applicants must submit the following:
- Application Form and $100 processing fee
- English teacher recommendation letter
- Copy of passport identification
- Family is notified of decision within 2 weeks of receipt of materials
- Family submits deposit or full payment via wire transfer.
- F-1 - Students who plan to remain in the US for study at St. Bernard or another institution must obtain and F-1 visa prior to attending summer program.
- B-2 - Students who only plan to attend summer program may have the option of obtaining a B-2 visa.
- Please consult with our repective country's embassy to determine which visa to obtain.
Dates, Tuition, & Fees - July 21-August 16, 2013
Tuition includes ESL classes, books and materials for instruction, meals, boarding, health insurance, transportation to/from US airport, all weekend trips, and Space Camp fees. Students will need to bring personal spending money ($500-$1,000)
- Senior Program - Grades 9-11 (ages 14-17)
- Junior Program - Grades 7-8 (ages 11-13)
- Application Fee - $75.00, non-refundable.
- July 21-August 16, 2013
- TOTAL COST $7,200 per student. This includes transportation to and from Birmingham or Huntsville international airports, instructional materials, trips and activities.
*Students may have the option of attending 4 weeks of ESL Instruction in place of 3 weeks ESL instruction and one week of Space Camp. The cost is the same.